Survey consists of responses from the project managers of eight truck lane projects. Topics/questions include:
- What is the name of your project?
- Location where a truck lane(s) was (were) investigated.
- Length of proposed truck lane(s).
- What are the main reasons for investigating the feasibility of truck lane(s)?
- How many truck lanes are proposed per direction?
- Will these be additional lanes or will existing lanes be converted to truck lanes?
- What type of truck lane operation was investigated (e.g. truck only lanes or not, tolling or not)?
- What type of separation is proposed between the truck lanes(s) and the general purpose lanes (e.g. buffer or barrier)?
- How many trucks presently use the highway where the truck lane(s) is/are proposed, or how many trucks are estimated to use the truck lanes if added to a new highway?
- What is the estimated cost of the proposed truck lanes?
- How will the truck lanes be financed?
- If tolls are proposed, what is the planned toll for trucks per mile?
- Will congestion pricing be applied to the toll rate with variation dependant on the level of congestion?
- If the study has already been completed, please provide the main conclusions and recommendations.
- What is the current status of the project(s) and what are the next steps if any?