The Use of Social Media by Transportation Agencies
Date published: Feb 14, 2011
Transportation professionals were surveyed on the application of social media by their transportation agencies. Of the 500 cities, counties, transit agencies, MPOs, and state DOTs queried, 43 responded for a response rate of 10%. Topics/questions include:
- What is the name of your transportation agency?
- How would you classify your transportation agency?
- Which city, metropolitan area, region, state, does your transportation agency serve?
- What is the approximate population served by your agency?
- Which social media platforms/tools does your agency use on a continuous basis and what is each used for?
- What do you consider to be the most effective social media platforms/tools for your agency in terms of reaching a target audience, reaching a broad public audience, getting a message out quickly, for obtaining feedback, or for providing non--time-sensitive information?
- What do you consider to be the main advantages of using these social media platforms/tools?
- What do you consider to be some of the pitfalls/disadvantages of using these social media platforms/tools?
- Is your agency planning increased use of these social media platform/tools in the future?
- Does you agency apply a specific policy or guideline on how these social media platforms/tools should be used and, if so, what is it?
- How has the use of social media changed the amount of staff time as it relates to the media and the public?
- What advice can you provide to transportation agencies contemplating the use of social media platforms/tools?
This product is published as a PDF document that can be downloaded from this website.Price :