Characteristics of Roundabout Software
Date published: Dec 20, 2010
Six vendors that market and/or develop roundabout analysis software were surveyed. Five vendors responded to the questionnaire. Topics/questions include:
- What is the name of your software?
- Which organization markets and/or developed the software?
- Who is the contact person for enquiries about the software?
- What is the price of the software and what are the license options?
- What accommodation is made for academic licenses?
- Does your software provide default values that can be used in lieu of input factors---with recommendations under which conditions a particular default value should be used?
- How does your software overcome a lack of local data available for calibration?
- On what is approach capacity based?
- Can gap acceptance headways be adjusted for vehicle type, approach lane conditions, or other variables?
- What is the maximum number of legs that can be accommodated in an analysis?
- Can unbalanced lane utilization be accommodated in an analysis?
- Can flared lanes for right turns be accommodated?
- What output measures of effectiveness are produced (e.g. vehicle delay, speed)?
- Which complimentary tools is the software capable of linking/communicating with?
- What training options are available for your software?
- What kind of user assistance and technical support is provided?
- How many organizations in the U.S. and Canada use your software?
- How many organizations in countries other than the U.S. and Canada use your software?
- How long has your software been available?
- What improvements to your software are you planning over the next year or two?
- What do you consider to be the main strengths of your software?
This product is published as a PDF document that can be downloaded from this website.Price :