Multimodal Level of Service Applications
Date published: Mar 09, 2009
Survey consists of responses from 3 agencies that have experience in the application of multimodal level of service (MMLOS). Questions/topics include:
- When did your agency start applying MMLOS
- Where has MMLOS been applied by your agency? Please also indicate if it was applied to specific roads or throughout a city or area.
- What are the main reasons for the application of MMLOS by your agency? How has MMLOS been used by your agency?
- Has your agency established a minimum acceptable LOS separately for auto, transit, bike and pedestrian modes or a combined LOS for all these modes?
- What are the minimum LOS standards?
- Do you see the need to specify different sets of MMLOS for different types of roads? For example, the minimum LOS for autos on a major arterial might be D but on a collector road it might be E. On the other hand the minimum level of service for bicycles on a major arterial might be E but on a collector road it might be B.
- What MMLOS approach(es) has your agency applied? If possible, please also list methodology/reference documents used.
- Which MMLOS approach would you consider to be the most applicable/practical?
- Is MMLOS generally accepted by your agency? If not, please explain.
- Do you consider the data requirements of MMLOS significant?
- Do you believe the more extensive data requirements for MMLOS will limit its application? If “yes” please explain how your agency will limit the application of MMLOS?
- Please provide an overall assessment of your agency’s application of MMLOS.
- Do you believe the application of MMLOS by your agency will increase in future? How will it increase? What are the main reasons for the increase?
- What advice would you give to those agencies contemplating the implementation of MMLOS?
- If available, please provide a web address that provides additional information about your MMLOS applications.
This product is published as a PDF document that can be downloaded from this website.Price :