Parking on Minor Arterials
Date published: Feb 08, 2008
Survey consists of data from traffic engineers in 21 cities concerning parking on minor arterials. Topics/questions include:
- Does your jurisdiction allow on-street parking on minor arterials?
- If “yes” what characteristics of the minor arterial should be present to consider on-street parking?
- Approximately what percent of your minor arterials accommodate on-street parking?
- What is your personal opinion on providing for parking on minor arterials?
- The ITE document “Context Sensitive Solutions in Designing Major Urban Thoroughfares for Walkable Communities” states that on-street parking should be prohibited where speeds on major streets are greater than 35 mph. Do you agree with this speed? If not, what should the speed be?
- Please provide any other comments on the provision of parking on minor arterials.
This product is published as a PDF document that can be downloaded from this website.Price :