Characteristics of Urban Heavy Rail Systems in the U.S.
Date published: Jul 06, 2007
Survey consists of information from ten directors of heavy rail systems in the U.S. Topics/questions include:
- Name of agency
- Downtown served
- Length of system
- Number of operational vehicles
- Seating/crush capacity of vehicles
- Minimum scheduled headway in peak (minutes)
- Present weekday passenger volume – boardings (five years ago)
- Maximum operating speed (mph)
- Average operating speed, stops included (mph)
- Number of stations
- Number of park and ride spaces serving heavy rail stations
- Highest fee at any park and ride lot for a day’s parking
- Year heavy rail system started operating
- Minimum or base fare
- Type of system fare
- Present total operating budget per year
- New track miles added to heavy rail over past five years
- What do you consider to be the best features of your system?
- What do you consider to be the worst features of your system?
- What advice would you give to agencies contemplating the implementation of heavy rail?
This product is published as a PDF document that can be downloaded from this website.Price :