Commuter Rail in North America
Date published: Mar 02, 2007
Survey consists of responses from 11 transit agencies regarding their commuter rail systems. Topics/questions include:
- Name of service/agency
- Downtown served
- Route miles
- Number of cars, locomotives
- Schedule train trips per weekday
- Seating capacity and crush capacity
- Type of system
- Type of row
- Scheduled headway during peak periods
- Average weekday passenger volume (boardings)
- Maximum operating speed
- Average operating speed (stops included)
- Number of stations
- Year operation started
- Facilities at station
- What were the previous modes used by your passengers, before they started using commuter rail?
- Use contracted operator/contract cost per year
- Annual operating budget
- Annual total revenue
- Have done or planning to do joint development at stations
- How do your commuter rail passengers access commuter rail stations outside the CBD?
- What are you planning/have implemented in terms of integrated fare cards and/or smartcards?
- What advice would you give agencies contemplating the implementation of commuter rail?
- What do you think are the main unresolved issues associated with commuter rail systems?
This product is published as a PDF document that can be downloaded from this website.Price :