Asset Management Software for Transportation
Date published: Oct 13, 2006
Survey consists of responses from five organizations that develop and/or support software packages that are used in asset management by transportation agencies. Topics/questions include:
- Contact organization
- Price of software
- Operating systems under which software runs
- With which GIS software is software compatible?
- Which core database program is used?
- Does the software provide a means for recording historical maintenance records?
- Can work orders be prepared directly from the software?
- Is the database managed from one source or do all users have access?
- Is the software customizable?
- Can additional recordable fields be entered when future needs arise?
- What is the software’s main capabilities/scope in terms of interoperability, with particular reference to transportation-related applications and with transportation-related data?
- What attributes of the software/company support the effort by organizations using it to keep up to date and maintain their asset management data?
- To what degree does the software is integrated with handheld computers with GPS capability?
- What are some state-of-the-art applications of the software by licensed users in the transportation field?
- What are the main strengths of the software?
- How many years has the software been in use?
- How many organizations use the software?
- How extensive is the on screen help?
- Which options do you provide for support and training?
- What is the annual cost for support for the software?
- What is included in the annual software support contract?
- Is a site license provided or is use of a dongle required with each license?
- Typical response time to questions related to use of the software?
- When did the last software update become available?
- What additional software features will be added within the next 12 months?
- Is a free demonstration version of the software available?
This product is published as a PDF document that can be downloaded from this website.Price :