Urban Transportation Planning Software Part II
Date published: Sep 29, 2006
Survey consists of responses from seven software vendors about their urban transportation planning software. Questions/topics include:
- What is the name of the software program?
- Freight modeling
- HOV demand estimation
- Ability to model latent demand
- Activity based modeling
- Intersection modeling capabilities
- Intersection capacity analysis tools
- Simulation capabilities
- Web publishing services
- Traffic management?
- General graphics/display capabilities
- The management of data across multiple modeling dimensions of purpose, mode, time period, and user defined classification
- Tools and functionality provided for dealing with project and scenario management
- Tools and functionality provided for dealing with: scenario data management, scenario comparison, and cross scenario simultaneous data editing
- Are networks used by software truly multi-modal or must separate networks be built for different modes?
- Does modeling process implemented use a scripting language, and if so and if there is no proprietary language, are advanced programming skills required?
- If the modeling process implemented does not use a scripting language, what method/process is used?
- Can software be easily extended/tailored to specific modeling functionality?
- Can software be used as a host to work in a symbiotic manner with other applications?
- How many years has the software has been used in the U.S.?
- How many organizations use the software inside the U.S? Outside the U.S.?
- What options are provided for support and training?
- Does the software have support for importing third party results?
- What is the annual cost of support for the software?
- What is included in the annual software support contract?
- What are the main strengths of the software?
This product is published as a PDF document that can be downloaded from this website.Price :