Vehicle Detection at Traffic Signals
Date published: Jul 21, 2006
Survey consists of responses from traffic engineers representing a total of 107 cities regarding vehicle detection at traffic signals. Questions/topics include:
- What is the present population in your jurisdiction?
- How many signalized intersections are located within your jurisdiction?
- How many signalized intersections are under your own agency’s control?
- Please indicate at how many intersections each of the following detection technologies are applied: loops, microwave, video, radar, infrared, other.
- How many of your intersections have the ability to communicate back to a central Traffic Management Center (TMC)?
- What type of communication link exists between the intersections and the TMC (direct line, modem, wireless, fiber)?
- How many of your signalized intersections use traffic actuation?
- What type of traffic data if any is gathered at your intersections (speed, count, occupancy, classification, presence, other, none)?
- What is the traffic data (see question 8) being used for?
- What type of technology do you use for stop bar detection: loop amplifier, microwave, radar, video, infrared, other (please specify)?
- What type of technology do you use for advanced detection: loop amplifier, microwave, radar, video, infrared, other (please specify)?
- What percentage of your detectors is presently powered by solar panels?
- Who maintains your traffic signals?
- Can you trouble shoot any of your detectors remotely?
- What is your best estimate of the mean time between breakdowns (in months) for each of the following types of detectors: loop amplifier, microwave, radar, video, infrared, other (please specify)?
- If you use inductive loops: What percentage of your loops fails annually? What is the average annual cost to replace and maintain your loops?
- What are the main problems you experience with your detectors, by type of detector?
- Please provide any other comments about vehicle detection at signalized intersections.
- What type of traffic controllers do you use?
This product is published as a PDF document that can be downloaded from this website.Price :