Traffic/Highway Tort Issues
Date published: May 26, 2006
Survey consists of information and opinions from 33 traffic engineers regarding traffic and highway tort issues. Topics/questions include:
- Has your organization been involved in traffic/highway tort liability law suits over the past five years?
- How many traffic/highway tort liability lawsuits has your organization been involved in over the past five years?
- What percentage of your traffic highway tort law suits required a settlement cost by your organization?
- Please give an estimate of the average settlement cost for these tort law suits that required a payment.
- What do you estimate is the average cost to defend a tort liability law suit?
- In your opinion, how has the number of tort law suits against your type of organization changed over the past three years?
- In your opinion, how have the settlements (in dollars, per law suit) of tort liability law suits against your type of organization changed over the past three years?
- Overall, do you feel that the present situation regarding traffic/highway tort liability lawsuits is acceptable?
- Please name the three areas/aspects of your organization’s traffic/highway system where you feel your organization is most vulnerable to tort lawsuits (e.g. work zones, inadequate signing, malfunctioning signals, design defects, below standard design of older roads, etc.)
- How much do you personally feel at risk of being held liable in traffic/highway tort liability lawsuits?
- Do you feel that you are more at risk than three years ago?
- Do you have a risk management program in your organization?
- Does your jurisdiction have a limit on the amount of liability of public agencies?
- Is your organization self insured?
- Does your organization have its own counselor or do you contract out?
- Have you attended any risk management courses/seminars aimed at reducing traffic/tort liability?
- How do you feel about the amount of information that is available to you regarding traffic/highway tort liability?
- What kind of information on traffic/highway tort liability would you find most useful?
- In which way has the possibility of traffic/highway tort liability law suits changed the way you do things?
- What do you feel are the most important unresolved issues in traffic/highway tort liability law suits? (e.g. design immunity, new design standards vs. old roads, loss of economic defense, expert witnesses, etc.)
This product is published as a PDF document that can be downloaded from this website.Price :