Traffic Intersection Issues
Date published: Apr 28, 2006
Survey consists of responses from 64 traffic engineers concerning traffic intersection issues. Questions/topics include:
- Typically over what period of time do you obtain traffic counts for use in weekday signal timing?
- In what way do you adjust the traffic counts you use for signal timing?
- Has your jurisdiction installed countdown pedestrian signals?
- If your jurisdiction has installed countdown pedestrian signals, how would you rate the experience with using countdown pedestrian signals thus far?
- Has your jurisdiction installed audible pedestrian signals (at new signals or retrofitted existing signals)?
- Do you provide audible pedestrian signals at all crossings at a particular intersection or only at crossings used by those who need audible signals?
- If you have installed audible pedestrian signals, how are they activated?
- If you have installed audible pedestrian signals, how do people locate the activation device?
- What other measures (other than crash rate per million entering vehicles and total crashes per year) do you use to determine if an intersection has a safety problem?
- Do you apply night flashing signals?
- If you do apply night flashing of signals, what criteria do you apply to determine if a signal should be flashed at night?
- What advice can you provide to those who are contemplating the removal of a signal at an intersection where warrants for signalizations are no longer met because of changes such as traffic volume?
- What do you consider to be the most important unresolved issues associated with signalized intersections?
This product is published as a PDF document that can be downloaded from this website.Price :