Transportation Evaluation Software
Date published: Mar 31, 2006
Survey consists of responses from seven organizations on nine different software packages that are used for economic and general evaluation of transportation projects. Topics/questions include:
- Contact organization
- Price of software
- Description of software
- Benefits and costs that are monetized/calculated by the software (user benefits, external benefits, costs, other/comments)
- Which of the following analyses can the software perform: single mode analysis, multimodal analysis, trip distribution/network impacts, mode split impacts, induced travel estimation, traffic growth projections, discounted net present valuation, risk/uncertainty analysis, cost/benefits ratios, queuing and peak spreading, life cycle costs, travel time/speed estimation, emissions estimation, fuel consumption/energy estimation, accidents by severity estimation, other/comments.
- Are average or marginal benefits and costs used in the calculation of benefit cost items?
- At which levels can the software perform analysis?
- What modes of travel can the software handle?
- What are the main inputs that are to be provided by the user?
- What the main outputs provided by the software?
- What kind of user assistance and technical support is provided?
- For what time period is support provided and how much does the support cost?
- Which of the following should users of your software be capable of: understanding transportation terms, understanding economic terms, understanding transportation modeling terms
- Does your software provide default values that can be used in lieu of input factors with recommendations under which conditions a particular default value should be used?
- How many organizations in the U.S. and Canada use your software?
- How long has your software been available?
- What improvements to your software are you planning over the next year or two?
This product is published as a PDF document that can be downloaded from this website.Price :