Traffic Signal Maintenance and Related Issues
Date published: Jan 20, 2006
Survey consists of responses from 74 traffic engineers concerning traffic signal maintenance and related issues. Topics/questions include:
- What percentage of your signalized intersections are maintained by your own agency?
- What percentage of your signals contain LED lighting?
- Who does the maintenance of signal controllers and signal heads for your agency?
- Who does the maintenance of signal detectors for your agency?
- What resources are expended by your agency, annually, to maintain traffic signals in your jurisdiction?
- What is the average age of your traffic signal controller and cabinet?
- How often does your agency perform routine maintenance on each signal?
- What items are included in the routine maintenance of your traffic signals?
- What problems does your maintenance staff spend the most time on other than routine maintenance?
- What are the most frequent problems that your maintenance staff have to correct?
- What other duties does your signal maintenance staff perform?
- What is your agency’s required response time to restore a flashing signal to full operations on week days?
- What is your agency’s required response time to restore a flashing signal to full operation on weekends?
- What do you believe are the best ways to reduce the costs and time associated with traffic signal maintenance?
- Does your agency have a computerized signal surveillance system with a central control room?
- What kind of communications does your signal surveillance system use?
- What was the total cost of your most recent installation of traffic signals at an intersection?
- Approximately what percentage of this cost was taken up by civil work?
This product is published as a PDF document that can be downloaded from this website.Price :