Characteristics of HOT Projects
Date published: Nov 25, 2005
Survey consists of responses from nine transportation agencies that have implemented or are actively planning High Occupancy Toll (HOT) projects in the U.S. Topics/questions include:
- What is the name of your HOT facility?
- Where is it/will it be located (freeway name and county name or name of area)?
- What year did your HOT lane(s) become operational or what is the best estimate of when it will become operational?
- What is the length (miles)?
- How many HOT lanes per peak direction?
- Are the HOT lanes reversible?
- What are the hours of operation of the HOT lanes?
- Are the HOT lanes provided by means of new construction or conversion of existing lanes?
- What type of separation is located between the HOT lanes and the general purpose lanes?
- Which vehicles have free access to the HOT lanes?
- What is the (estimated) total capital cost to provide the HOT lanes (include planning design, construction, electronic toll collection infrastructure)?
- What was the cost of the provision of the electronic toll collection infrastructure?
- What is your tolling strategy?
- What is the maximum toll charged? Minimum toll charged?
- What is your annual toll revenue?
- What is your annual operating and maintenance costs, excluding debt service?
- What were/will the source of funds (be) for the capital cost for implementing the HOT lane(s)
- How many “free” vehicles (HOV, buses, motorcycles, etc.) use your HOT lanes:
- in the peak hour in the peak direction per lane? Per day (all hours, all lanes, both directions)?
- How many paying vehicles use your HOT lanes in the peak hour in the peak direction per lane? Per day (all hours, all lanes, both directions)?
- What is your assumed capacity per lane per hour for your HOT lane(s)?
- What is your estimated percentage of illegal users of your HOT lanes during peak periods?
- Briefly describe the way you provide access and egress to your HOT lanes.
- Have transit ridership and carpools increased on this freeway as a result of the implementation of the HOT lanes? If so, approximately by how much?
- How successful would you describe your HOT lane(s) to be operationally and financially?
- Do you have plans to expand your existing HOT facility, or to implement more HOT lanes in your metropolitan area?
- What advice would you provide to agencies that are planning HOT lanes?
This product is published as a PDF document that can be downloaded from this website.Price :