Road Safety Audits
Date published: Oct 28, 2005
Survey consists of responses from 36 traffic engineers at city, county and state department of transportation regional offices regarding road safety audits. Questions/topics include:
- Has your organization conducted road safety audits? How often?
- What is your personal opinion about road safety audits? Please select one or more answers: It is a cost-effective safety measure; it is a preventative measure against tort-liability cases; it improves the awareness of safe planning, design, operational and maintenance practices; it does not provide anything that we are not already doing; other (please specify).
- How have you and/or your colleagues obtained knowledge about road safety audits?
- What do you believe might/are/were the main difficulties in implementing a road safety audit program at your organization?
- What is the main reason for conducting road safety audits at your organization? (please select one or more)
- Has your organization adopted a documented procedure for road safety audits?
- If your organization has adopted a documented procedure or is working at adopting a procedure, what is the basis for the procedure?
- Are you or will you apply a checklist or prompts?
- During which of the following phases or operations of transportation facilities and/or land development are you applying the safety audit - feasibility, site review of development, layout/preliminary design, detailed design, pre-opening, operations, maintenance, other (please specify)?
- Do you believe it is better to have an outside or in-house team do your safety audit? Why?
- What is the size of your audit team?
- Which of the following specialists are/will be on your audit team - crash investigator, safety engineer, highway design engineer, other (please specify)?
- Have you reached a stage where you can make a quantitative assessment of the effect of the application of your safety audit? What were the results of this assessment?
- In which way do you believe your road safety audit program has changed your traffic/highway tort-liability situation -- reduced tort liability vulnerability, reduced tort liability insurance premiums, increased tort liability vulnerability or no effect?.
- What do you believe are/were the main difficulties in implementing a road safety audit program at your organization?
This product is published as a PDF document that can be downloaded from this website.Price :