Hiring of Transportation Professionals
Date published: Sep 30, 2005
Survey consists of responses from 81 transportation professionals in the U.S. and Canada who recently participated in the hiring of transportation professional at their organizations regarding the hiring process. Questions/topics include:
- Do you work for a public agency or a consulting firm?
- During the most recent hiring process that you participated in, for what type of position was a person hired?
- What minimum qualifications were required/recommended for this position in terms of education and years of experience?
- What was the midpoint of the salary range offered for this position at public agencies? At consulting firms?
- How many candidates applied for this position at public agencies? At consulting firms?
- Overall, which of the following best describes the quality of the candidates who applied for this position – many good candidates so it was tough to decide, a few good candidates, only one or two good candidates, no suitable candidate?
- Please rate how you or your committee view the importance of the following in deciding if a applicant was a good candidate for the position: educational qualifications (degrees), the areas of specialization by the candidate for his/her degree, the university where degree was obtained, GPA scores achieved in pursuing the degree, continuing education qualifications, years of professional experience, applicability of professional experience, general computer skills, good references, professional awards, papers published, professional service, interview (in terms of presentation of self), interview (in terms of answering questions), a good fit for your organization’s culture, salary requirements of candidate.
- How many candidates does your organization typically interview for a professional transportation position?
- Where does your organization typically advertise for professional positions?
- What do you consider to be the most important dos and don’ts for a candidate to keep in mind when interviewing for a position?
- How do you think your organization’s hiring process for transportation professionals can be improved?
This product is published as a PDF document that can be downloaded from this website.Price :