Using Micro-Simulation Software
Date published: Apr 15, 2005
Survey consists of responses from 78 transportation professionals (transportation planners, traffic engineers and transit professionals) regarding their use of micro-simulation software. Questions/topics include:
- For how many different projects have you used micro-simulation software over the past three years?
- Which software did you mostly use for these projects -- TSIS (including CORSIM), VISSIM, QUADSTONE PARAMICS, SIMTRAFFIC, TRANSMODELER, AIMSUN, CUBE DYNASIM, aaMOTION or other (specify)?
- What are the main reasons for using the particular software you indicated?
- For what type of projects did you use the software?
- On average, approximately how many person days were used for coding and calibration of your most recent simulation projects?
- From a users’ perspective, what do you consider to be the best features of the software that you indicated you use for projects? The worst features?
- Have you used the animation features of micro-simulation software at a public meeting and/or a meeting with elected officials?
- If you use animation features of micro-simulation software, how valuable do you consider this ability of micro-simulation software to be?
- How do you believe you/your organization’s use of micro-simulation software will change in future?
- Are you/your organization planning to continue using the same micro-simulation that you indicated using or are you planning to make a change?
- What types of projects do you consider to be ideal projects for which to use simulation?
- What is your overall opinion about the use of micro-simulation software?
This product is published as a PDF document that can be downloaded from this website.Price :