License Plate Matching Software
Date published: Feb 18, 2005
Survey consists of responses from four organizations that develop and market license plate matching software. Questions/topics include:
- What is the name of your software?
- Contact information
- What is the price range or pricing basis of your software?
- Are there price options/discounts?
- Under what operating systems does your software run?
- Can your software process: origin-destination survey data, parking duration data, or any other (please specify)?
- Over which time increments can matches be totaled (e.g. 5 min., 10 min., 30 min.)?
- Can the matching process be controlled by excluding matches which fall outside a specified time range?
- What are its report capabilities for origin-destination studies: Is a report produced for each origin-destination movement? What information is produced for each origin-destination movement?
- Which of the following statistics are produced for each parking station: parking duration data, capacity of parking stations, number of parkers, maximum parking usage, parking space turnover, arrivals, departures, utilization?
- What options does the software have to deal with “aliasing”? Aliasing is when a letter or number is being incorrectly interpreted because it looks similar (e.g. 1 vs. F or 2 vs. Z when license plate data is recorded by means of video, or c vs. Z when license plate data is recorded by means of sound).
- How does the software handle near matches where, for example, one digit out of six is different?
- Can the software match numbers/letters of different length?
- Can intermediate stations be included allowing for multiple matches?
- What are interesting and/or state-of-the-art applications of your software by licensed users in the transportation field?
- What are the main strengths of this software?
- .How many years has your software been in use in the U.S.A? Outside the U.S.A.?
- How many organizations use your software in the U.S.A.? Outside the U.S.A?
- How extensive is your on screen help?
- Which options do you provide for support and training?
- What is the annual cost of support for this software?
- What is included in your annual software support contract?
- What is your typical response time to questions related to the use of your software?
- When did the last update to your software become available?
- Will additional features be added to your software within the next 12 months? If so, please describe them.
- Is a free demonstration version of your software available?
This product is published as a PDF document that can be downloaded from this website.Price :