Application of Transportation Demand Modeling Results
Date published: Nov 08, 2010
Transportation professionals were surveyed on the application of transportation demand modeling results. Of 500 agencies surveyed, 48 responded for a response rate of 10%. Topics/questions include:
- How is demand modeling practiced?
- Which methods are used to obtain the estimated future background traffic for a Traffic Impact Analysis (TIA) when the analysis year is less than 15 years from now, and why?
- Which methods are used to obtain the estimated future background traffic for a TIA when the analysis year is more than 15 years from now, and why?
- Please rate the quality of demand modeling traffic assignment results and provide reasons for your rating.
- When using traffic assignment results for a sub-area analysis to determine the performance of a highway network in terms of v/c ratios, which types of assignments are typically used and why?
- What do you consider the most important do’s and don’ts (Chicago Manual of Style says “dos and don’ts is correct) when applying demand modeling results?
This product is published as a PDF document that can be downloaded from this website.Price :